10 Key Takeaways from the Best eCommerce Events in London
Settembre 29, 2017
2. Look at gift cards and free shipping options in the peak period to entice customers to spend (cc @imrgupdate)
3. Social media isn’t always the biggest converter but it’s the most important for delivering your brand message and engaging!
4. UK still experiencing strong growth in eCommerce, however desktop still drives conversion over mobile (cc @wemakewebsites_)
5. 80% of retail customers want progress updates by SMS/email after purchase.
6. ‘Skills and mindset’ to be the biggest B2B advancement in the next five years. (cc @inviqa)
7. 58% of consumers who follow brands on social media sites say they do so to view products with a view to purchasing.
8. UK online sales exceeded £130 billion in 2016. (cc @wemakewebsites_)
9. Customer journeys are not linear… Who owns them? Marketing?
10. Dead fish go with the flow.
Ecommerce Success Secrets by Industry Insiders
After the show, it was time to head straight over to our own exclusive event at Soho House for Ecommerce Success Secrets with Google. And what better way to round off the day than to sit back and get some serious insights into the future of retail from industry insiders? Here is our roundup:
The pace of technological change is only set to increase within the coming years. people no longer go online, they live online and mobile devices are a key part of that. If we look at something like mobile, consumers are always connected now, which is transformational for the retail sector. Through my role, I’ve been able to see first-hand how these brands react to these changing technologies. Even now, it’s hard to refute the role that mobile has played in our lives. Society is now in a place where it’s ready to engage with technology, but retailers must be delivering a good experience. A good experience means technology helping to create a frictionless, seamless shopping experience. By 2020, we believe that 82% of retail sales will be influenced by mobile.
– Alastair Stirling, Industry Head, Retail UK, Google
2. The huge opportunity for eCommerce retailers
In one second of Singles’ Day last year, there were over 175,000 transactions within the first hour alone. It truly is an exciting time to be working in eCommerce. The impact of the cloud is really changing both the dynamic and perspective of the operations required to drive success, globally and take brands to new international markets. Looking at the comparison between ‘on-premise platforms, versus cloud commerce, in two years’ time, SaaS cloud will account for 66% of e-commerce software – representing $9.4billion in spending. Whilst every retailer and every brand is different, the cloud has the clear advantage of a low total cost of ownership (TCO). Our vision is to truly democratise the world of eCommerce and digital retail and simplify online commerce with cloud technology.
– Ciaran Bollard, Managing Director, Kooomo
Pubblicato da: kooomo